The Mission of Civil Air Patrol Cadet Programs is to Transform youth into dynamic Americans and aerospace leaders . Cadet Programs activities occur on the squadron, group, region, and national level, and explore all areas of the 3 Missions of the Civil Air Patrol.
"Cadet Achievement" is a broad term that encompasses cadet promotions, awards, and recognitions.
Stripes to Diamonds
"Stripes to Diamonds" is a term that refers to the progression from "stripes" or Phase 1 promotions, to "diamonds", referring to the diamond insignia of Cadet Major, Lieutenant Colonel, and Colonel. Cadet promotions are typically recognition of completing a set of aerospace, leadership, physical fitness, character development, and drill and ceremonies tests and activities.
Cadets are eligible for promotion every 56 days, with special expedited promotions being given to cadets based on their level of participation in their High Schools Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps programs or JROTC.
See Cadet Achievements for more details about each achievement.
Cadet Interactive and Honor Credit
Special Cadet Programs Awards
Type A Encampment
Type B Encampment
National Cadet Special Activities
NCSAs are special programs hosted by National Headquarters that enable cadets to explore civilian and military aerospace careers, develop leadership skills, or enhance their emergency services skills.
See National Cadet Special Activities for details of each activity.
Cadet Invest is a family of cadet financial assistance programs. Some programs are intended for economically disadvantaged cadets, others are available by merit. Program details are available at https://www.GoCivilAirPatrol.com/CadetInvest. Offerings may vary due to funding availability but typically include:
- Curry Blues Voucher. Assists cadets in obtaining a uniform.
- Cadet Encampment Assistance Program. Provides tuition and/or uniform assistance to cadets attending an encampment.
- Cadet Lift. Provides tuition and/or travel assistance to cadets attending NCSAs.
- Take-Off Program. Provides tuition and/or travel assistance to cadets attending a National Flight Academy. Recipients are known as TOP cadets.
- Cadet Wings. Fully supports cadet flight training leading to a private pilot license.
- College Scholarships. Provides cash awards to students attending a post-secondary school.
- Endowed Flight Scholarships. Supports flight training, per donor instructions.
Cadet Aerospace Education
See also AE for Cadets.
- CAPR 60-1, Cadet Program Management, 26 October 2021, 27.
- CAPR 60-1, Cadet Program Management, 26 October 2021, 38.