CAP's Information Technology Governance
IT Executive Committee
- To oversee the use of IT in support of CAP’s business strategy.
- Acts as an advisory group to the CEO, COO and CIO on IT related issues.
- Strategic alignment of CAP organizational and IT goals
- Delivering of value to the business from IT
- Judicious use of IT resources
- Management of IT related risks
- Measurement of IT performance
IT Steering Committee
The IT Steering Committee's primary responsibility is to evaluate project proposals against established criteria such as risk mitigation, breadth of impact, and regulatory requirements. ITSC Representatives score each IT proposal resulting in a prioritized list of projects expected to bring the highest business value to Civil Air Patrol. During the bi-weekly ITSC meetings, members review which project proposals should be approved for development and assigned to a sprint. Every attempt is made to work the highest value item; however these items are not always “ready to go” due to incomplete requirements or other timing issues. When that occurs, a lower ranked item may be approved ahead of the higher ranked items, where its requirements are well understood.
IT Functional Users Group (FUG)
The primary responsibility of the FUG to identify, evaluate and assist in the prioritization of field generated requirements based on their functional expertise and broad experience with eServices. Help desk tickets for IT enhancements and fixes with viable workarounds are automatically routed to the FUG Chair who will coordinate the group’s evaluation. Each request will be evaluated by at least 2 FUG members and discussed during the bi-weekly FUG meeting. Their recommendations regarding viable project proposals will be provided to the ITSC for scoring and prioritization.
IT Technical Advisory Group (TAG)
- Act as the liaison between members in the field and NHQ IT regarding the technical environment(s) provided to, and security requirements expected of, members in the field
- Advise and make recommendations to the CIO/National IT Manager regarding local: Application Innovation, Security Issues, Data Management and IT Asset Utilization