How To Add an Email Signature - GMail
This page describes how to add your CAP email signature to GMail.
- GMail in the browser
- GMail on your phone
GMail in the browser
- Log in to your GMail account.
- Click on the cogwheel located in the upper right corner of GMail and select Settings.
- Select the General tab.
- Scroll toward the bottom and find the section labeled Signature:.
- Click the radio button next to the text box.
- Insert your email signature as described by CAPP 1-2 The CAP Guide to Effective Communication page 42 and https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/members/cap-national-hq/public-affairs-about/resource-library/toolkit/branding-resource-guide/sample-signature-bloc/.
- On the Public Affairs website, click Signature Block located on the right side of the page, and download the Word document.
- Open the Word document you downloaded, copy the signature labeled Preferred Signature Block and copy it in to the GMail signature text box.
- Update your Grade, Name, Duty Assignment, Phone Number, and Website (if applicable/desired).
- Verify that the images for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Flickr all list their associated links. This can be done by clicking on each image in the signature box and verifying the URL listed in the box that apppears.
- Facebook URL: https://www.facebook.com/capnhq/
- Instagram URL: https://www.instagram.com/civil__air__patrol/
- Twitter URL: https://twitter.com/civilairpatrol
- Flickr URL: https://www.flickr.com/photos/civilairpatrol/sets/
- Scroll to the bottom of the Settings page and click Save Changes.